User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Failed certification - App prelaunch and Crashes and hangs

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failed certification - App prelaunch and Crashes and hangs

Hi

I'm trying to pass the Windows App Certification (a necessity to upload to the Windows Store) and I fail on two things:

The app failed prelaunch test
    "How to fix: In the OnLaunched method implementation of the app, ensure you handle the LaunchActivatedEventArgs.PreLaunch option to be prelaunch event aware."

I'm assuming this is because the function isn't implemented in the exporter? Or is there another way to pass fix it?

The second error I get is weirder:

Application MyApplication was detected by Windows Error Reporting and experienced a crash or hang.
    "Investigate and debug the app to identify and fix the problem."

Now, I've played through the game several times in while debugging in visual studio and have yet to find an error. Is there any other way to detect what could be causing it?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What version of the Windows 10 SDK do you use and on which version of Windows 10?

In this page they say this:

The App Prelaunch Validation test will fail if you run the kit on a version of Windows 10 released before version 1607.

Resolution: To ensure the results of this test are accurate, test with version 14393 of the Windows 10 SDK (14393) on Windows 10, Version 1607.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Windows 10 Version 1607, OS build 14393.479

Visual Studio Professional 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

And using 287.9 of Fusion

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK, we'll check if we can fix it. AFAIK prelaunch is not important for Windows Store submission, maybe just deactivate it in the meantime in the test list in the Windows App Certification program (Deploy and launch tests / Prelaunch or something like that).

I don't get the "crash or hang" report with a simple app. Maybe it's due to the "End of Application" issue you reported in the bug box? If so, don't execute this action if the application is executed from the UWP runtime (test if the Runtime Name expression returns "UWP").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks. I did remove the feature, but the crash remained. I've submitted it anyway saying to ignore the prelaunch fail, as well as explained the situation and the inability to find the bug, so I'll see if they approve.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm..my game is passed on the Windows store

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have the prelaunch problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No..
    i have no problem during submission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long ago was this?

I'm having such a hassle. I got a report back saying that it crashed upon start, and then when checking which hardware was used, it was a Lumia 640, which is well below the minimum hardware requirement for the game (I have a hard time seeing how anyone could make something on that device).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can test it on a Lumia 640 if you want (you can post a link to the MFA in a private ticket in the bug box).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast