User Tag List

Thread: Processing Array Values with a Loop

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Processing Array Values with a Loop

I am creating an unlock menu using Active System Boxes and an array. Being new to Fusion I'm struggling to figure out how to achieve the method for the result I'm after.

The end result should be: Player selects options from 0 to 10 checkboxes and clicks continue (fully working) -> Array is checked and outputs cost for options, player clicks button to apply the options (this is where I struggle) -> Cost is deducted from player and Options are then active (working).

I currently have it so that each option has a value in the array, 0 = Unselected, 1 = Selected, 2 = Applied. The inital checkboxes toggle the value between 0 and 1. What I'm struggling to figure out is then how to change the value to 2 when the Apply button for the options that have been selected.

I'm figuring it should be a loop through the array, checking the value and then adding a +1 where the value equals 1.

So roughly speaking, something like:
    Set array position (0,0);
    Run loop while array y position < 10
    {
    IF (value) EQUALS 1 THEN write value (value)+1 ELSE Do Nothing;
    Set array position (current position)+(y position+1);
    }

A big part of this is probably me just not knowing where to find, and which functions will achieve this. All and any help would be appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would create an On Loop "Changes Applied". In here is the code to update the array and change the 1's to 2's would be defined.

Then with the button object I would set a condition of "When Clicked" and the action .... is to call the Loop "Changes Applied" for just "1" loop.

This is really just making the loop act like a function or sub procedure.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I hadn't realised you could call a Loop like that, makes a lot of sense.

Would you (or anybody else) be able to advise how to code the loop using the expressions in fusion? I think running calculations like this on arrays is one area I've really been struggling to figure out. (Alternatively a link to a good tutorial/documentation around this subject?)

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've figured out a way to do this, but wanted to check if this is the best way, or if I'm just adding extra events because I'm missing something. For information, I have 6 columns of 10 options that the player can set options from before clicking the apply button. Therefore this needs to check all 10 indexes on the Y, for all 6 indexes on the X, and change the value where it equals 1 to 2, while leaving 0 at 0.

#Button (Button) clicked
    > (Array.Options) : Set X dimension index 0
    > (Array.Options) : Set Y dimension index 0
    > Start loop "Array Switch X" 6 times

# On loop "Array Switch X"
    > Start loop "Array Switch Y" 10 times
    > (Array.Options) : Add 1 to X dimension index

# On loop "Array Switch Y"
    > Start loop "Check Values" 1 times
    > (Array.Options) : Add 1 to Y dimension index

# On loop "Check Values"
    + Current value( "(Array.Options)" ) = 1
    > (Array.Options) : Write Value current value ( "(Array.Options)" ) + 1 to (index x( "(Array.Options)" ), index y( "(Array.Options)" ))

Any suggestions if this could be improved, or if there is a fault I haven't noticed. Doing some quick testing it seems to be working as ought.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fine ... you have the general idea. You asked if there is a "better" way. Well that just depends...if it meets the need why improve it? If you needed it to work faster you could perhaps use Lua extension and access the MMF array from there but that is more complex to learn.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a decent approach but you can trim things down:

#Button (Button) clicked
    > Start loop "Array Switch X" 6 times

# On loop "Array Switch X"
    > Start loop "Array Switch Y" 10 times

# On loop "Array Switch Y"
    + Current value( "(Array.Options)" ) = 1
    > (Array.Options) : Write Value current value ( "(Array.Options)" ) + 1 to (Loopindex("Array Switch X") ), Loopindex("Array Switch Y"))

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err, instead of checking for "current value" of Array.Options, you would instead check for a value at X,Y, and use Loopindex("Array Switch X") and Loopindex("Array Switch Y") in that third condition. My bad, missed it.