User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Importing Meshes with textures intact?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importing Meshes with textures intact?

I have a lot of models I made a long time ago in 3DS Max, Tried importing the .x files but no texture is imported.

My question is, what are the limitations on importing animated/textured meshes? What is the best format to go with....etc. I still have the 3ds files so I can still export them to different formats if need be. I did notices that the platformer example uses a textured and animated mesh.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have 3ds max and can view them fine in that exporting them as a obj and creating MTL files should be fine

thats what i do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that and it loads my OBJ but seems to ignore the MTL file. I've tried looking around the Material Cache object but I don't see a way to load it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you load the OBJ it will auto load the images from the mtl file - assuming the path is correct. open the MTL files in a text editor will have a ka or a kd line and a image file.

if you want send the obj the mtl and the texture in a zip and ill look at it for you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have downloaded some free 3d objects to test with, and I can't seem to get the textures loaded in. The mtl file is there with the same name as the obj file in the same directory. However the mtl file is referencing dds files where the textures are. Is it Firefly that can't load the images from the dds files?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the static mesh open dialog; supported models, doesn't include b3d, nor x (which both import OK with their textures intact) - switching it to All Files, i was doing it. perhaps add them to supported.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm b3d and x normally contain animations which is why they are in the animated options - but point taken i will add them in for you.

i'll add DDS in a future patch.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great. i have a ton of stuff from my 3D days in blitz3D & DBpro - it all works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah Danjo, I'm using my Blitz 3D stuff too, my .x files are not loading textures.... Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast