User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online Highscore Server on External websites

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Highscore Server on External websites

Hello, i have been trying to tackle this problem for a while and its forbidding me from putting my project anywhere so help would be much appreciated. I have added an online server to my HTML game to store high-scores and display them. This is achieved implementing this tutorial: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/87185-Online-High-Score-Tutorial done by Sparckman. This works correctly when launched on my own website (the one that has the SQL server) but when i try to post the game elsewhere on Itch.io for example the server does not register.

I have contacted various people and they have said "You need to configure your PHP script to allow connections from the domain where you game is hosted, and you need to provide support for HTTPS to your script". Please if anything knows anything or can help please let me know.
    Thanks Lucas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, what I believe you need to do is to add a crossdomain.xml file to the root of your server.

The file can look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
    <cross-domain-policy>
    <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/>
    <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false"/>
    </cross-domain-policy>

Simply open notepad, paste the content in and save as crossdomain.xml, and put it on the root of your webserver.

For better security, though, you should select which domains that will have access. You easily find information on this by using Google etc...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help, adding the crossdomain file to the public_html didn't have any affect. Is there were i am meant to place it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put it where you have your index.html (or similar) file. If that doesn't help then I am afraid I don't know what else to do..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright i will try that. I also have a screenshot of the error i found, this should help.Error.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was in the browsers console

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry, I overlooked the 'HTTPS' keyword in your original post. As the advice you got suggests, you need to configure the server to allow https calls. I have no experience with this, though. Hopefully someone here will be able to help, but contacting your webhost might be your best choice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i thought it was to-do with editing the script provided by Sparkman?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well my host said "does not block any request from https URL".

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you post a link to your website?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast