Posts by SolarB

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.

z33z has kindly agreed to provide his source code for the port. I've never requested an extension, what would be a fair amount to pay for this? z33z says it's not a lot of work so it should be a quick job. I'm moving this thread to the extension section.

What you suggest re pathfinding sounds really interesting but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Crusher's example seems like it can? Do you think you can make an example to show me? I've tried lots of things but if you can put something together that would be great. The one thing I know is that any kind of looping not handled by an extension will slow everything down, but you are free to try!

1. Of course it's going to break with that many objects so close together. On a bigger map where units are more spread out this will probably not be a problem. Also there's two ways of pathfinding in my example, the second should be more stable (but much slower). I mentioned that the first was experimental.

2. Yes it's the debugger. The example here doesn't have an object count, could you have added it yourself? :)

Joshtek: Thanks, though someone mentioned his PM is full. I'll try the e-mail.

@frog: I'm aware of these extensions. As you say, APF is difficult. z33z's object is great for simple pathfinding/LoS and is highly efficient if used properly. IPP is Fusion 2.5 Developer only, why not make pathfinding available in standard? I read through the doc but I still don't know if IPP does simple line of sight, or if it's multi-platform.

I would like to request a multi-platform port of z33z's Pathfinding Object. It is by far the most overlooked extension with more possibilities than it is given credit for. Thanks to this extension I was able to make this: Please login to see this link.. Imagine making games like Fieldrunners on mobile/HTML5. There are heaps of other possibilities using its built-in LoS feature etc.

z33z has disappeared and the whereabouts of the source code are unknown. Perhaps someone has a clue? I don't know what the usual fee for an extension is but I'm willing to pay whatever is fair. This extension would be for everyone so if you would like to contribute we could have ourselves a party!