Posts by Disthron

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.

Game genre: 2D side-scroller, ‘beat them up’ style.

Payment: Negotiable. Half can be paid up-front, should you want that, and then the other half will be paid upon delivery.

We’re making a giant monster game (with some not safe for work elements) and the perspective is similar to a side-scrolling ‘beat them up’ game (such as Streets of Rage), so you walk across the screen and in front of and behind objects. It’s the standard 2D ‘beat them up’ set-up. We want to be able to pull off `multi button-press moves’ and have game entities made up of multiple objects (which will involve scoping).

Some of the interfaces have already been designed.

The project currently has several fully animated characters (a couple of them may not be in the public release) which have all been custom sculpted. These characters would be destroying scenery and fighting the enemies using their attacks. Each character has its own menu animation for the character selection screen.

We could like enough for a ‘minimum viable product’, and this could be just one level. The main thing is to get all of the enemies working properly.

Further details details will be provided if you elected work with us. Any questions, don’t be afraid to ask.

We are basically trying to make a game like this, but with our own characters and style.
    Please login to see this link.

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be interested in working on an old school side scrolling beat-em-up game? The game designer wants to have a more indepth combo system than most standard side scrolling beat-em-ups, with combos and juggaling. I've laied down some ground work but you may want to start from scratch. he already has a lot of the artwork compleated.

Here are a couple of animated mock-ups of what the creator is looking for.
    Please login to see this picture.

Please login to see this picture.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone to do the voice over for the trailer of Edelin Tales. The trailer is around 2 minutes long with about 13 lines and I can't really afford to pay, but I can credit you.

If you're interested please send me a PM or respond here.
    Thanks for reading my post, have a good one.

Hmm... $1200 might be a good price for an MMO engine, I don't actually know, but I'm not sure this community can foot that kind of cost. Do you have any videos showing off your engines features. Not the Aseria game, I mean showing us what it's like to develop with.

Hay Rebel, your game looks like it's coming together quite nicely. I'm not sure you need a programmer. If there's something you think you can't figure out how to do, maybe you should consider cutting it out and leaving it for another game. Focus on what you're good at and make a game out of that. If you think it's really necessary, then you should probably save up some money to pay someone to help you out. But only if it's really necessary.

Your art looks pretty awesome. You should maybe think of posting it on the native Click Store. I particularly liked the brawler and the "Action game" sets. Though if you wanted to make a brawler I think you'd need more than just 1 character.

I think we need more usable 2D assets like this. Too often you see character sets and tile sets for sale that are missing integral animations like, say, jumping or attacking. In the 3D world you'll often have artists create a set of assets that can be bought individually or all go together. Example in the link bellow. Your GameBoy sets could all fit together pretty easily. Maybe you wouldn't use the bauble headed enemies in a Ninja Action game but the Spelunking backgrounds would probably work just fine. This is the kind of thing I look for in stock assets. Being able to fit together with other assets and having a comprehensive set of animations.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new artist for a fantasy action adventure game I'm working on. The art style is based on the old C64 computer and you need to be able to make assets that will fit into the project.

Right now I'm looking for mostly static background props with a few items needing 3-5 frames of animation.

Here are some examples of some of the assets we already have.

Please respond to this thread and send me a PM with a link to some your work if you are interested.

Hay, your work looks really good. I am currently looking for a new artist, however my current game is in the style of the old Commodore 64. How are you at high restriction pixel art?

Here is a link to the Indi-DB page where we have some screen shots where you can see some examples of what we have so fare.

Hi there, your artwork is really nice. Not sure if I'd be able to afford you though.

Anyway, for some reason your artwork has reminded me of how few useful 2D stock game assets there are. I mean there are a lot of stock 3D assets that people can use in there games but for 2D assest it's rair to find one that has all the basic animations. Take a platformer characters for instance. They may have an attack and death animation but no walk animation, or a walk and jump animation but no death, attack or anything else. It's actually pretty hard to find a basic set of animations.

Maybe you should consider doing some good stock assets?

Anyway, have a good one.

That's a neat example, happygreenfrog.

Now if we could get this smiley face to float in space and travel to any possible direction instead just on the flat ground...

Well, I'd also want some kind of map editor. I did manage to add another square to appear on the field but I had to create a hole new object, not just an instance and if I had to keep an entire level on graph paper or something it would probably get pretty unwieldy pretty quickly. Also, we'd need some way of automating angles too. I think using the internal MMF animation angles should be enough.

happygreenfrog: I have seen demos like this too. There was a really old school star fox type one that was made with Games Factory 1. However they were poorly commented, used a lot of hard numbers and generally if you didn't already know the math behind it they were pretty much useless to you. Or at least to me anyway. Perhaps one of these examples could be used as a base but it would still need to be converted into a state where other people could use it.

Quote from MJK

Equally important here is the cross-platform requirement meaning that this engine should work in exe, flash, iOS and Android runtimes (+HTML5?), so preferably I'm looking for something that uses just scale, angle and quite a bit of trigonometry math in MMF2 to pull it off (as opposite to e.g. the Raycasting extension which is limited to one runtime only).

Yea, definitely. The more run times it works in the better. If it only uses scale, angle and and math then it really aught to work in any run time. I believe there are some universal extensions, like the Layer Object and Array Object, that are maintained by Click Team and work with everything. Or at least all the exporters I have.

So, I think we should make a thread about it on the main forum (MMF2 support forum). To see how many other people are interested.