2D zombie survival game with a twist!
Hi guys! I'm a long-time Clickteam user, but this is the first game that I'm certain I'll publish.
Currently available to wishlist on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1813200
It's a side-scrolling zombie survival sim. Your job is to keep 5 different characters alive for one hour.
Here are your five characters (Harry, Ruby, Michelle, Dinky, Hoang)...
There are zombies walking around, and the zombies can infect the other NPCs, gradually causing a chain reaction.
There are a few main mechanics to the game:
Using those objects to barricade a door...
• Switch between your 5 main characters at any time (they all live in completely different parts of the world)
• You can barricade any door (from either side) with items you've collected/looted
• You can ask NPCs to follow you, to keep them safe
• You can stun zombies by whacking them with the same items that you use to barricade doors
• Zombies can't infect anyone while they're stunned (around 7 seconds)
• Zombies will slowly infect anyone they touch
• Zombies will try to break down your barricades
• You can pick up as many items as you want, but your walking speed will slow down
• Most items are breakable, so you can only whack them over a zombie's head a limited number of times
• Zombies and NPCs will interact even while you're on a different screen
It's quite a simple concept, but hopefully it'll create a lot of fun as you try and prevent your main characters from becoming zombies for a whole hour.
For example, it's actually in your interest to keep the NPCs safe, because that'll be fewer zombies to worry about! This should create some interesting strategies.
You'll also get a score at the end, based on how many of your 5 characters you kept alive, and how many NPCs were infected.
I've worked on this game for about 6 months (3 years ago). Then I took a huge break. Now I've started working on it again, and I'm about a month in.
I think it's maybe 55% done? We'll see. Let me know what you think!
You can follow my progress here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6k...baAvq3Q/videos
And here: https://www.instagram.com/masterofzilch/
Thanks for looking!