User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Microtimer - a microsecond timer for Fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microtimer - a microsecond timer for Fusion

Name: Microtimer.mfx
    Description: A timer object that is capable of measuring microseconds (millionths of a second, or μs)
    Expressions: Time since application start, frame start, or custom timer start. Each available in float numbers (eg. 0.000872 seconds) or integers (eg. 872 microseconds)
    Conditions: none
    Actions: Reset custom timer
    Created by: Looki
    Commissioned by: Volnaiskra

I commissioned this object from Looki because I needed it myself to build a code profiler. But I'm releasing it free for everyone to use.

The existing Fusion timer object measures only in milliseconds, and can only measure between one frame and the next, not inside the frame. The Date & Time object can measure inside the frame, but only in hundredths of a second. Both methods are much too coarse to be useful for performance profiling. The Microtimer object can measure in microseconds, within the frame. This makes it possible to measure sections of code finely enough to get meaningful performance measurements, for use in finding bottlenecks and comparing performance between different parts of your code. If you'd like a readymade and user-friendly code profiler, you can purchase the one I made from the clickstore: volPROFILER.

Of course, there are probably also other uses for Microtimer, other than profiling.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merci pour le partage Volnaiska et aussi merci a looki.

Thanks for sharing Volnaiska and also thanks to looki.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said on the volPROFILER thread that this extension is in the Manager, but I just checked and it isn't on the website or inside Fusion.

BTW, I added this extension to the Wiki page.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I submitted it to clickteam several days ago. I'm not sure how long it normally takes to show up in the extension manager. Thanks for putting it into the wiki.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thank you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello, it isn't in CEM, because unfortunately it lacks MFX file (runtime part), so this extension is not complete.
    --------------------------------------
    Nicolas "Nico" Sourdeval
    Clickteam

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you mean, Nico. I uploaded a JSON file using this page a week ago or so. I've just double-checked the JSON file that I sent, and I can confirm that it has the same file/folder structure as the ZIP that I attached in the first post on this thread. They both contain:

Extensions\Microtimer.mfx
    Examples\Microtimer\microtimer readme.txt
    Examples\Microtimer\Microtimer-example.mfa

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nico means that there is no runtime version of the extension, no file in Data\Runtime. This means that a built app won't be able take advantage of the extension. Just let us know if this is intentional, if yes, then we will release the extension on the Extension Manager.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not intentional. What do I need to put into that folder? An exact copy of the mfx?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extension needs to be compiled for runtime. Just ask Looki if you did not receive this part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast