Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clone of Bosconian project

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clone of Bosconian project

Diamond_star_advertising.jpg snapshot1.jpg snapshot2.jpg snapshot3.jpg snapshot4.jpg

Download here.

Hi.
    I recently started a project that I started last year, what was supposed to be the arcade version of The Last V8 (a racing game set in the post-atomic era!), but being difficult to create beautiful backdrops, and the rest of the other animations, I had decided to create a Bosconian clone, one of the usual 80s shoot'em up.
    I thought about leaving the remake of the Last V8 soundtrack on the first level, and then continuing to insert the remakes of the soundtracks of the historical games for Commodore 64, except in the 5th level.
    1st level: Arkanoid (Neptune Zone!)
    3rd level: Green Beret BGM (Uranium Zone)
    4th Level: BGM Command (Saturn Zone)
    5th level: Run of the Shout out out (I could not find a background remake that suited the other levels!)
    6th level: Thundercats (Zone Earth and the Diamond Star clash (It is Sinistar! I took the sprites from SpriteResource.com and they are those ripped from the Nintendo 8bit version).
    All converted into 8000 sample rates / 16 bit / Stereo, to make it as light as possible in terms of kilobytes and download quickly (in addition to simulating a coin-op system of 83!).
    Since it is one of the usual shooter clones, I have at least tried to make it more original by inserting the space assistants! Practically they are Robert De Niro and Angeline Jolie in pixel art, which suggest to the pilot the actions he has to do to reach the Earth safe and rescued provided with space diamonds!
    The pilot, in reality, is a historical astronaut whom I can not name because he is now a good soul!
    Being that I tried to simulate a Konami system (note the sprites of Gyruss and some of these modified) and thinking about the pirated version of the game called "ENU", I thought about naming the pilot like that!
    Among other things, Enu is a existing name!
    I managed to do it for two players in turn and the possibility of inserting the name in the top scores for both players.
    I do not know though, if the phrases of the text in the game and the speeches are all in English correct, many mistakes I will have made for sure! (for example: Be brave, you're almost there!)
    About the movement of spacecrafts, I tried in every way to improve it, but I could not, so I preferred to use the classic "bouncing ball" method.
    However it could be improved, with the looping method and alterable values!

Use keys:

5: virtual coin
    1 or 2: start 1 or 2 players
    9: service mode - 1: return to start screen
    shift: shoot
    ctrl: accellerate spacecraft

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very fun "enhanced" clone, has a great arcade feel,
    wonderful job as usual @daryuss

Can't catch all the historical references,
    but had chance to play Bosconian on one of those little 50-games consoles at friends house some christmas holiday ago,
    this gave me the same (challenging!) gameplay experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Thanks.

After I rest a little, I will try to improve the movements of the enemies spacecraft, and have to do so after the game over, jump to the top score frame only if the last score falls into the top 5. (I have to add other alterable global values!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated service mode: Left and right arrows for increase and decrease sound test counter. Keys 2 and 8 play and stop sound effect.

snapshot4.jpg

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is Dario's latest Diamond Star update! http://tisca.li/myopen

I am happy that he is bringing back that arcade feel in pure 256x224 resolution!

I am also doing the same in 320x224 here:

http://aloan.site90.com/akeni.html

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck on this Aloan.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    score_table_ct.jpg

@Aloan : Your grid to align the arcade character is useful. Keep it up the implementation of Akený

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both Marv and Darius! Darius I am almost sure you've been using a font like Emulogic which unfortunately was made with alignment errors (letters do not align on the 8x8 invisible grid) - I also ran into this trap once, but was so happy to find the Press Start font, and it is correctly aligned!
    Marv, I just began trying to create text on screen instead of drawing and importing them premade.
    I guess I will need to assign a value to each of these letters, when I create them on the screen (for example) a "Credit:" text.
    Since there will be a counter starting at zero just after the text, when the counter reaches number 10, the word "Credit:" would have to position (each letter) 8 pixels to the left to give room to the number 10 beside it. I don't know how to code the assignment. Do you know or have an example? thank you so much!
    Once I am done, I will be uploading the mfa for all who needs it and will also incorporate it on my own game and the arcade game making example I have on my website! (will come here and give the links as well)

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Aloan. I don't know how to code the assignment and do not have a example.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast