User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FLIP HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL Feature crossPlatform NEEDED

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation FLIP HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL Feature crossPlatform NEEDED

Flip Horizontal/Vertical on Active is much needed on CROSSPLATFORM,
    be it -1scale or shader whatsoever, every other software I've used have this basic feature... Please give us this

yes I have read most of the post from years ago regarding this issue, and I'm surprised it's still not addressed. I patiently waited that Fusion3 will save this, but since there are no recent news,
    just please update Fusion2.5 and add this feature

WHY I need this:
    I have a mobile fighting game it requires a flipped version of the opposing hero character.
    before I only have few characters, so It's fine just to have another active object with manually flipped images and animations...
    But now, I have tons and tons of characters with many animations, it's a pain to copy and flip images to another Active object, also tons of wasted time doing so...
    Ohh I can handle the pain... What I CANT handle is the Extra memory and processing power Needed!
    I'm working on Mobile games, Another Active Object/s with tons of animations on every direction(32) that just have flipped Artworks, EATS A LOT of processing power, PreLoad Time, storage and RAM!
    Older phones with 1GB of ram or Lower crashes, and my game is pretty optimized and simple already, it just have tons of redundant Flipped artworks on couple active objects.
    Even highend phones load slowly, midrange phones suffer, lowend phones crash. I have many many downloads(1m+) and those people are affected negatively... Help them will you.
    If I can just eliminate that redundancy using FLIP horizontal or Negative Scale on mobile, Everything will be better

I believe I am not the only person who needs that feature so It must be done. Please have a solution

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set X Scale to X Scale (character)*-1

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    This works well, but might have issues with instancing especially if you're adding Ai.

But honestly, what kind of low end phone are you developing for that can't handle two active objects? I know nothing about your game but it sounds like there's something else eating up resources.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with instancing, you can usually get away with anywhere between 1 and 4 directional values, then use rotation and/or negative scaling to flip, depending on the setup. So for the fighting game, you only need to negative scale on X in order to flip. For the top-down, sometimes you'll negative scale X, sometimes negative scale Y, and just use "only one action when event loops" whenever you need to call that function. Instancing is tricky in Fusion but not too bad if you can keep track of label values, such as "enemy number," which can be set as a spread value or when created based on the number of enemies.

Take a look at this GameHut video where John from Traveler's Tales goes over some technical trickery from Mickey Mania. This is the same exact kind of conundrum OP mentioned. Yes this is for an SNES, but the techniques mentioned here still apply today, especially on weaker mobile devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does that works? negative scaling hiding active object.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be. I could have sworn that worked. It works everywhere else.

Hmm. I'll dig further tomorrow and see what I can discover.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be. I could have sworn that worked. It works everywhere else.

Hmm. I'll dig further tomorrow and see what I can discover.
    i have the last 291.6 version. here small example -> negative scale.mfa
    green one have hotspot on the 0,0. Red one have at center.
    both turns invisible if had negative scale.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    But honestly, what kind of low end phone are you developing for that can't handle two active objects? I know nothing about your game but it sounds like there's something else eating up resources.
    Negative scale doesn't work.

Nothing more eating up resources, I just have tons of animations in every single direction per object. 32 directions = 32 hero characters per active object (loaded on call), I have tons of animations on each characters...
    I am using 3 active obj per side, 32x3 = 96 ... I have almost 96 hero characters with tons of animation state... 96 Heroes, now I need a flipped side: 3 active obj(96) + 3 active object Flipped(96redundant) = 192 x 10 animstates.
    I started with like 7 heroes to 20+ heroes with unique art and animations, so I did not see much performance hit before, but now I am at 90+ heroes, even my highend phone struggles to load fast.
    I need this feature, I am willing to pay some money, I already contacted Fernando(said he will forward the concern)... I have other paid engines that does this easily(guess every engine does this except fusion),
    but Fusion has the best in performance* and ease of use*, but fusion has it own quirks, simple quirks that turns to be a HUGE problem when you want to expand your small project.
    Come on Clickteam, address this simple issue that is standard on every engine, I can't expand my project, cant wait for fusion3 to fix this since there are no signs of it yet...

Ok, to be honest I am losing money, a lot of it, since many cannot play, and people who experience long load times or their device crashes with the latest update Rates my game 1 STAR, I'm trying to keep calm here...
    I'm so frustrated but I need help, so I'll calm down... trying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. The fact that this is having business implications sucks. Very sorry to hear that!

Let me ask you a quick question. How many of those direction animations are truly unique? For instance, could you cut the 32 directional values down to 8 or even 4 or possibly even 2 and adjust the angle of the object in the code rather than rotate the sprite? Even if they are unique, could you get away with having just Left + Right, or even just Right animation directions, and then use angles for everything in between?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic, but that game sounds interesting, can you link it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast