User Tag List

Thread: How do you use Looki's Motion Blur shader?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you use Looki's Motion Blur shader?

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to make Looki's motion blur shader work, I've applied the shader to the whole frame, but changing the shader's parameters just seems to change the opacity/transparency of said frame, there isn't any visible blur effect when things are moving in-game, so I guess I'm probably doing something wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the shader, literally all it does is make the whole screen image more transparent:

sampler2D img;
    float coeff;

float4 ps_main(float2 In : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR0 {
    return tex2D(img,In)*float4(1,1,1,coeff);
    }
    technique tech_main { pass P0 { PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 ps_main(); } }

You pass it the coeff variable, and it multiplies the screen image's alpha by that.

There's nothing else to know I don't think? I'm not really sure how you're supposed to use it to create motion blur though!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. I'm not too sure what to do then, I'm sure I remember using this effect a few years back, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.. anyway, thanks for the reply butterfingers, if anyone else has had any luck using this shader, please let us know how you're doing it, cheers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gradius : Don't know if you know, cuz it's not that widely known. Fusion has a built-in motion blur function. Go to frame properties and check Direct3D: Don't erase background. Then set the frame's alpha coefficient to someting like 50 to 100. This will display the last rendered frames behind the transparent current one resulting in a really good blur effect when scrolling. The higher you set the frame's alpha the stronger the effect will be. It comes with a FR cost tho, but if you've some resources left it's a cool thing.

Motion Blurr.PNG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's brilliant, Julian! I didn't know this trick, but it works great! I'm still curious to know how Looki's thing is supposed to work, but this will certainly do if I can't figure out the shader (which I probably can't xD), thanks man, I really appreciate the tip!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gradius @Julian82 .

Ah, that makes total sense. So I *think* you're supposed to apply the MotionBlur Shader to the Frame as an effect, instead of making the frame semitransparent and giving it alpha.
    You still have to do the Direct3D: Don't erase background=True in the frame settings either way.

IDK if maybe there's a performance boost from doing the alpha from the MotionBlur SHader instead of from the SemiTransparent shader?
    Here's and example for comparison.MotionBlur.mfa