User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to use non-standard characters in AltVal names?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it ok to use non-standard characters in AltVal names?

I've recently started using non-standard characters in some alterableValue or flag names. To be clear, I don't mean those symbols which Fusion won't allow (eg. #?!,@ ). I mean more obscure ones that you can find in the windows character map utility, like ☻▒♫☼▬⅓※‰ᾤẬ֍Ѫ.

I mainly use them in dummy actions that make large slabs of code more readable, such as in the screenshot below. I'm also considering adding something like Ꞁ Г ꟻ Ⅎ to all my flag values to better set them apart from alterable values. There's even this 'paragraphos' character ⸏ which is offset to fit underneath other characters so you can u⸏nd⸏er⸏li⸏ne.

So far it works fine. Tahoma supports them, Fusion lets me use them, and they display fine in the alterable value names. But I'm wondering if this might cause any trouble down the track. For example, one or more of these characters ☻▒♫☼▬⅓※‰ᾤẬ֍Ѫ causes a glitch in this forum where the text entry field appears empty after I hit preview post. I'm a bit nervous that something like this might happen in the Fusion editor and/or runtime.

Has anyone ever had any issues with non-Latin characters?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I suspect this will just be a case of 'see what happens' as it's a unique scenario, however, these characters are part of the standard char set for the fonts in use, so I can't see it being a problem @Volnaiskra

I'm going to assume VBB doesn't render those characters for a purpose, could be a PHP thing...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, cool. And would you say that if something did go wrong, am I right to assume it would be unlikely to damage the MFA irreparably? If something goes wrong but I can fix it just by renaming everything with normal characters, then that's ok by me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the Advanced Comment Object Vol?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Have you tried the Advanced Comment Object Vol?
    hmm, that's a good point. Yes, I did try it a few years ago but uninstalled it...I can't remember why. I'm having a look at it again and it certainly seems like the sort of thing I want. Thanks!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Advanced Comment object is working great so far. Though I tell you what, I'm loving using special characters on the group names. My overall structure feels so much more readable now

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does look good Vol I wonder if you could make your own font with custom special characters even though it would probably be a lot of effort

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    That does look good Vol I wonder if you could make your own font with custom special characters even though it would probably be a lot of effort
    you just know Vol is going to go down that rabbit hole now.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. Me and rabbit holes. You don't know the half of it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really neat idea vol. looks great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast