User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Build 292.10 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a bug (see attachment). A "send to output window" action that references an object that doesn't exist in the frame is completely ignored. For example, one would expect this action:

to output something like this:

Code:
    D)   number of objects from unused frame: 0
    number of teal objects: 1
    But because it references the red object, which doesn't exist in the current frame, the entire action is ignored and it outputs absolutely nothing. This is particularly problematic in the context of global events, where you might reasonably expect not every single object in an action to be present in-frame when the action is run.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, damn, this is more serious than I realised, as it pertains to all sorts of events, not just "send to debugger" actions. For example, when I run this (from my global events...referencing an object that is in the base frame), both events are ignored, and the appplication never ends:

This actually explains a bug that's been wearing me out for much of today. I've got some code in my global events that I only want to run if the game is in the "engine" frame, and some other code that I only want to run if I'm in one of the many level editor frames. The way I was determining which frame Fusion is in was to test for NoObjects of a particular object that always exists in all level editor frame and never exists in the engine frame. It seemed like a neat way to do it, but turns out it doesn't work because of this bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I think I remember this being suggested by someone else already, but I don't remember reading a response. Would it be possible to get visible index numbers for the altVals? Now that we can have many altVals, trying to figure out an altVal's index can be tricky.

+1

this would be awesome!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Another bug (or weird hidden behaviour) concerning animation of actives.
    If you don't use the first default animations, and have only animation n░12 with frames in your active object, when the app plays the animation without calling this specific animation at runtime, it considers that the object plays the animation "Walking". (see debugger)
    O.o

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found an interface bug.

When you're in the Global Event Editor, and you return to the Frame Editor or Event List Editor, Fusion doesn't take you to the correct frame if you previously used the "next frame" or "previous frame" buttons to get to that frame. In case that description isn't clear (it probably isn't) let me illustrate:

I'm in this frame:

then I double click on this frame:

Then I hit the hotkey to go to Global Events. Then I hit the hotkey to go to the Frame Editor, and it (correctly) takes me to the last frame I was at:

Now, I will change frames again. But this time, instead of double-clicking on my desired frame in the workspace toolbar, I will click this button 3 times (or use the "next frame" hotkey):

I'm now at this frame:

Now, I hit the hotkey to go to Global Events. And then I hit the hotkey to go back to the Frame Editor. This time, it incorrectly puts me back at this frame, which is not the last frame I was at:

It seems that when you access a frame from the workspace editor, Fusion records it, so that it can return to it from Global Events. But if you access a frame with "next frame" or "previous frame", Fusion forgets to record it. I personally find this a bit of a nuisance, as I'm frequently jumping back and forth between the global events and frame events, and I almost exclusively use hotkeys to navigate between frames (I have the hotkeys mapped on 2 of my mouse's secondary buttons). So I frequently end up in the wrong frame when I leave global events.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an issue that's been around for ages - I thought it was fixed at once stage but maybe not - where the available amount of canvas in the Frame Editor greatly varies depending on your current zoom level. Whatever you set in Margins in the preferences is only honoured in 300% zoomed-in level. For example, if you set Margins to 3000px, then you will be able to see an extra 3000px of canvas @300%. But @100% you'll see an extra 4000px. And @25% you'll see an extra 12000px(!).

If you set the preference with a zoomed out view in mind, then you'll likely get a rude shock the next time you zoom in, when suddenly parts of your frame are inaccessible to you. On the other hand, if you set the preference with a zoomed in view in mind, then the next time you zoom out you'll find that you have way too much margin, which makes it easier to get lost, and (I suspect) contributes to lag when dragging around the screen (especially when the grid is on).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I think I remember this being suggested by someone else already, but I don't remember reading a response. Would it be possible to get visible index numbers for the altVals? Now that we can have many altVals, trying to figure out an altVal's index can be tricky.

I just now had to figure out the index of "Alterable Value BO"....if A is 0, then AA is 0+26, and BA is 0+26+26...then I have to mentally count through most of the alphabet to learn that O is the 15th letter....so 0+26+26+15 = 67...but actually I didn't really want the index for BO, but for the altVals 8 slots before it...but it was named so I needed to use the first unnamed variable as a reference so I could see the letter code (BO), so in the end I think the one I want is 0+26+26+15-8 = 59....but maybe I made a mistake somewhere along the way...phew! I wish there was just a row of numbers I could look at

By me my dear friend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I import an image and choose a transparent color it is remembered for the next images, but when I use the pipette to select the color the color is not remembered for the next images.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing about object variables. In my game, the object uses the values A, B and C and belongs to the group. When I want to add another creator widget to my code and add an object to the group, variables collide, both codes use the same variables A, B and C. Could you add a quick option to transfer variables in a given object for the whole group? Changing the entire code for such an action is extremely tedious. The possibility of moving the variable A to e.g. Z with automatic correction in the code would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set chanel volume works but set specific sample volume It doesn't seem to work. I also noticed that my game works correctly on all platforms except SWF, when I select individual errors, I will report them here.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast