Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No title for executable?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    @Yves any suggestions why the executable’s title would be missing?
    If it's a Steam app, probably Steam creates the shortcut from the name that is defined in the app admin on partner.steamgames.com.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    If it's a Steam app, probably Steam creates the shortcut from the name that is defined in the app admin on partner.steamgames.com.
    If I build the exe and add it to Start Menu, it also has no title.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything else I'm overlooking? I have no idea why the exe is built without a title?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe you have to put in the title on "Description" as well. You'll find it on the same property tab as where you change the application name.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Is there anything else I'm overlooking? I have no idea why the exe is built without a title?
    The question is, how exactly do you create the shortcut? Could you explain precisely what you do, step by step?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I believe you have to put in the title on "Description" as well. You'll find it on the same property tab as where you change the application name.
    Thanks, I tried that and it also is blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The question is, how exactly do you create the shortcut? Could you explain precisely what you do, step by step?
    Sure, I right-click the exe and pin to Start Menu:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very odd.

Could you upload your built .exe and also source .mfa that I could test and compare with, by any chance? You don't have to include any of your game's content, a blank frame will do fine as long as the application properties are intact.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very odd.

Could you upload your built .exe and also source .mfa that I could test and compare with, by any chance? You don't have to include any of your game's content, a blank frame will do fine as long as the application properties are intact.
    Certainly, thanks! Here's the exe and mfa without any contents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9kpg4qzlb..._test.zip?dl=0

Also, want to mention the "product name" part in details is blank (thanks @Phi !):

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my applications Product Name and version are blank there too. It is possible that could be it but my applications titles still show up on my start menu...

I pinned your .exe the way you described earlier in your step-by-step and...

I also built your .mfa and got the same results as well.

Perhaps there is some specific Windows setup that doesn't agree with Fusion's compiled apps attribute settings? My Windows 7 desktop will show "Bryce's Movement Engine¹", while my Windows 10 device just lists it as its filename, "blank_test".

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my applications Product Name and version are blank there too. It is possible that could be it but my applications titles still show up on my start menu...

I pinned your .exe the way you described earlier in your step-by-step and...

I also built your .mfa and got the same results as well.

Perhaps there is some specific Windows setup that doesn't agree with Fusion's compiled apps attribute settings? My Windows 7 desktop will show "Bryce's Movement Engine¹", while my Windows 10 device just lists it as its filename, "blank_test".
    Aha, I just disabled my anti-virus and firewall and it's fine! I wonder why that would be interfering with the build? Thanks for your help @chrilley it's something I'd never have considered, but you mentioned specific Windows set-up and it made me think that my AV/FW would be most likely difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast