User Tag List

Thread: Fusion transfers punctuation marks incorrectly

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion transfers punctuation marks incorrectly

I've managed to overpass all of the bugs and problems with String object in Fusion 2.5 except this one.

puntuationmarksbug.jpg

Punctuation marks (like .,!?: ) gets transferred to the next line of the string if there seems to be no more space for 1 more symbol in its line.
    What it's supposed to do is transfer punctuation mark with the last word it's adjacent to.

I've figured out that this error only exists in Russian text, English punctuation marks seem to be transferred just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have a release of my game soon.
    The only thing I can think of is going threw all the Russian text in my game and manually change it so no punctuation marks are at the rightmost side of text borders.

Thank you very much for any help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No suggestions on how to fix that? That's a bummer =(

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. It depends how your loop detects punctation marks. What are Your String Object delimiters?

Some solution, maybe:
    For example: (if Spacebar is a delimiter) > get word from loop index "words only" > and if word has punctation mark > then go to next line.
    So maybe two String Objects should be used. One for whole text and one for word...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Russian right to left? Or left to right?.. (left to right, googled it)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-to-left_mark
    Not sure if it’s something to do with this maybe it’s a bug..

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've checked. What happens is that text wrapping in the DirectX9 library we use is bugged, so we made a fix to manually wrap text. And then we realized this was causing issues in languages using Unicode characters (like Japanese, etc), so we disabled our internal wrapping for those languages. As Russian is Unicode, the fix we made is ignored. If you can post a small MFA that reproduces the problem maybe I can check if this can be fixed for Russian (doesn't sound very easy).

The other solution is as you said slightly change the texts where this happens...

(or if you have the 2.5+ DLC try in DirectX 11 mode)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying!

I've attached a small mfa file with some strings and Russian text in it, where this bug is constant.
    I also have text typing in my application (via LEFT$ method) and custom font, but it looks like it doesn't affect this bug at all since I can reproduce this bug without text typing or custom font used.
    Please tell me if you'll find some way other than manually adding spacebars to my text.

Screenshot_11.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L1...PMroO1ILWPpmoH

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegd View Post
    Thanks for replying!

I've attached a small mfa file with some strings and Russian text in it, where this bug is constant.
    I also have text typing in my application (via LEFT$ method) and custom font, but it looks like it doesn't affect this bug at all since I can reproduce this bug without text typing or custom font used.
    Please tell me if you'll find some way other than manually adding spacebars to my text.

Screenshot_11.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L1...PMroO1ILWPpmoH
    OK I've enabled the fix for Russian, apparently this works. I attach a new version of mmf2d3d9.dll to unzip to data/runtime/unicode.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    OK I've enabled the fix for Russian, apparently this works. I attach a new version of mmf2d3d9.dll to unzip to data/runtime/unicode.
    Yes, it seems to be working just great both in my game and in a testing file I've sent you. Thanks, you're a life savior! Any chance this fix will end up getting into ClickTeam 2.5 official steam version? So that it will not pop-up in other projects? Did you made some kind of exception for Russian only?

Screenshot_12.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes this fix will be in the next update (not sure when yet, we're finalizing it).

And yes I've included cyrillic characters in the characters that are allowed for our wrapping fix.