User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do you have to split actions into multiple lines sometimes for things to work?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have to split actions into multiple lines sometimes for things to work?

I'm new to fast loops so I'm trying to understand things.

I've got a very simple example that shows my question, press the up or down arrow.

It's supposed to destroy any existing numbers and then use a fast loop to create some numbers next to the object.

Upon pressing up:
    +Destroy objects
    +Set object position
    +Run fastloop

The numbers previously don't get destroyed.

But if I duplicate the action like this it works?

Upon pressing up:
    +Destroy objects

Upon pressing up:
    +Set object position
    +Run fastloop

Just wondering what I'm missing? Is this a quirk or something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Attachment 29396

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, that's interesting. It seems like it may be a weird quirk to me, but I'd be curious to hear what others have to say about it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's tricky when you're learning to know if what you're doing should work and you've come across a quirk or if you're doing something wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We expect Fusion to do this:

1. Destroy all the numbers
    2. Move the green block up or down
    3. Run the loop.

But it was explained to me before that Fusion executes the commands as follows:

1. Destroy 1 Number
    3. Run the loop
    4. Destroy the next number
    5. Destroy the next number etc.

Now in your case because you've created more numbers with your loop - Fusion is doing this:

1. Destroy 1 Number - the last number previously created.
    3. Run the loop
    4. Destroy the next number - the last number newly created - and then stops.

Probably it stops because there's now a confusion between the numbers that were there and the new numbers - but I don't really know.

It is quirky and there are lots of ways to get past this - the way you solved it by splitting the commands is probably the best.

(To see the last number being destroyed just make your frame width wider - to about 1000 pixels - you'll see it's always destroying 2 numbers - the last one previously created, and the last one newly created.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanations. Interesting that it doesn't destroy all the numbers, but happy to know it's a quirk and my way round it works.

I have another question that may be another quirk? I want to stop the loop when it reaches the red blocks, so it's counting the squares upto and including the red blocks but not after it.

Oddly it seems to work sometimes and not others?
    Attachment 29397

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's another quirk by design.

The overlapping and collisions were designed to be used with moving objects and there are certain blocks and conditions built into them. When you use them with static objects they don't always work beyond the first time - in your case they're working every 2nd time. It has something to do with a design feature - Fusion waits for something to "change" before checking the condition again and with static objects that "change" doesn't happen.

You can solve this by inserting this:

* On loop "createXposcrosspath"
    + Y position of blocker = Y( "Active" )
    + Active 3 is overlapping blocker
    Special : Stop loop "createXposcrosspath"

Because now Fusion is forced to re-check because there's a change in a particular condition every time - and then the loop also works every time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    triggering fastloops in an event sometimes breaks scoping. ForEach dont have the same issues but regular ones often benefit from being in their own event.

Vol did a great deep dive on scoping here https://www.sprykegame.com/volblog/w...team-fusion-25

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fastloops always break object scoping, this is a technical limitation of fastloops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Fastloops always break object scoping, this is a technical limitation of fastloops.
    There seems to be at least one exception. Someone recently showed me an example where you can combine a fastloop with a forEach loop and, incredibly, it keeps scope across events. I was practically trembling with nerves when I tried it in my own code, but was amazed that it actually worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janette5 that works great, and thanks for the input everyone, now I remember why I shied away from fastloops!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast