User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with collision detectors in ISO environment

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with collision detectors in ISO environment

I am doing a character that is supposed to move in an ISO environment and I am trying to put detectors on him to detect the edges of the obstacle but I can't make it work properly. Do anyone know how to best do this to make it error proof no matter the arrangement of the obstacles? I have uploaded an example of what I have so far (You control the character with the left stick of a gamepad)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gamepad seems not working on my computer

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a version with keyboard also, but it seems even more bugged when using the keyboard for me

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont undestand very well what you want, moving in a isometric map? because your character dont move isometricaly...

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    i dont undestand very well what you want, moving in a isometric map? because your character dont move isometricaly...
    Ah no, I just want the collision to work properly with the "counter" object. It is supposed to be a counter that you can move around and the collision should work properly no matter the arrangement of the counter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, i don't understand what you want... why is there "detectors" for the counter?

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Ok I have made this simpler. I have an example here with a small square that can be moved either by the controller or the keyboard (wasd keys) and I want it to be able to move freely except over the red objects where I want it to stop (like the red objects is a wall). What would be the best method to go about this? I have tried to save the previous X and Y cordinates and then revert to them if overlaping the red object but I don't seem to be able to do it reliable without getting stuck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fastloops are great for this stuff. I've put in a basic movement for you. It moves the player by the X/Y Adjust values, you've setup, at a one-by-one pixel rate(within a fastloop so it's just as fast for us, mere mortals!). When the player hits an obstacle it will be pushed back out in the opposite X/Y value and stop the loop.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this method is cool, but you can't go diagonally (but it might not be awkward for this example). I prefer not to move forward if there is an obstacle rather than moving forward and then backing up. here is an example I made some time ago (with colliders)
    8 directions et boucle test collision.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://library.clickteam.com/videos/advanced/isometric-tutorial-clickteam-fusion-2.5/

here's a link to a tutorial that covers both isometric movement and collisions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast