Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Edif : Extension Development Is Fun

Clickteam Clickteam
    Blog Entries

Edif : Extension Development Is Fun

Edif is a new extension development SDK for MMF2.

Edif can now be downloaded on Clickteam's Github.
    old location (no longer working) here

Dummy MFX for Flash-only extensions: http://www.aquadasoft.com/FlashDummy.mfx

Edif includes a modified version of Andos' object selection framework. There's an instance of it in Runtime.ObjectSelection (available from anything inside your extension class). Object selection callbacks are now class members (pass them as &Extension::MyCallback) which take one LPRO and return a bool, anything else will crash.

Using FlashDummy.mfx to make a Flash extension (no compiler required)

* Pick a name for your MFX! This can never change.
    * Rename FlashDummy.mfx to the name of your MFX or build to that name with the template
    * Assuming your MFX was called Test.mfx, you'd need (all relative to your MMF directory of course):

Extensions/Test.mfx
    Data/Runtime/Test.json - format matching the template
    Data/Runtime/Test.png - 32 x 32 icon for your extension

* You'll also need a folder called Data/Runtime/Test.Flash - inside this folder, create a folder called Extensions and a file called CRunTest.as. CRunTest is the name of your extension class. For an example CRun* extension files, I uploaded the Get object source here, or you could check out any other open source Flash extensions.

* Want to include an API? If it's a SWC file, put it in Data/Runtime/Flash/Flex/frameworks/libs and import it in your CRun* file. If it's AS files, they probably want to be in a subfolder (with the API name) of your .Flash folder.
    Last edited by AndyH; 27th December 2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Updated the download for Edif

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Re: Edif : Extension Development Is Fun

At last! I'm sure that a lot of people appreciate it - Including myself as I haven't used this for Flash yet, but I definitely will.
    I can just say it's fun to develop with this SDK and I can only recommend it to everybody who wants to start working on extensions.

(btw, lol at the 32x32 icon... if you know what I mean.)

Sorry to be annoying here but i can't get this fully setup for some reason, using a renamed Dummy.mfx this works ok for exe runtime and i see the object listed but as soon as i set the runtime to flash and look at the object list it is not there for flash. I take it this should show something in the flash runtime object list?

I have the latest flash plugin beta installed and i do like you say so i have this -

\Extensions\Test.mfx
    \Data\Runtime\Test.json
    \Data\Runtime\Test.png
    \Data\Runtime\Test.Flash\Extensions\CRunTest.as

The .as i used is just the Get source you posted renamed. Also i am just wondering why did you make the CRun sample the Get object rather than match the Test.json sample? i ask because as nothing shows for the flash runtime i am now wondering if it has to match for it to list, the way you described things though makes it seem like i should just see a flash object but with the get object events?

The Test sample might have been better as a zip however the steps seem quite simple and i thought i did it correctly but i guess not as nothing shows for flash. So yeah how do you get the flash objects to list?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Blog Entries

Ah, sorry, you need a dummy .DAT file in Data/Runtime/Flash for the extension to show up. You can copy/paste one of the existing ones (like KcArray.dat) for now. I'll upload a dummy DAT and modify my post later.

Thanks i will try this

I sent you a PM but i don't think it worked so i will post here also -

Just wondering is there documentation being made for this?

Also would it be possible to have a .as sample that matches the Test.json so i can see how the AS3 is linked with it correctly?

This is sort of like having a PS3 with a really good game but it has no controller...

Wuu.. thanks for this but err... I am a bit of a newbie for this extension development... could someone please point me to a ultra newbie guide?

I got VS 2008 installed and all... downloaded the Edif.zip and open the Template.vcproj and do a built and ended up in debug folder with a couple for files. I am a newbie in this so sorry if I tickle your patients with this question.

Where do I put in my actionscript? I surrender.

Previously when I put a custom loading API, I did it with Flash Develop and embed the generated mmf swf into the new build swf but that's about it. I can load their custom preloaders / ads but I can't do their highscores and other stuffs. With the demise of AS Dynamics (sadly ), I will have to get this up and running... help me or point me to some docs / tutorials please. Thank you.
    Play my latest MMF game : Zombie VS Pinball
    Try my Android game : Invader Defender

I haven't had the time to make a extension or do a test build with the C++ version yet but when i looked at the code it seems like it would work.

For the action script i would say you probably can't do anything with this yet sadly. The test sample is not really complete because the .as source does not match the rest of it which is not so helpful really.

To just get the flash object to show though read my posts above and follow the instructions in the reply i got about the DAT file, it should really have been a zip pack though with AS code that matched the json menu setup. Still though there is not much that can be done yet unless you do some trial and error and manage to figure it out, it also is missing documentation anyway so i guess we just have to wait for more info.

I will probably just use Flash Develop again for now also, i am guessing that some docs are being made though but i have had no reply back yet.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Blog Entries

Tutorials are planned. I'm sorry that you have to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by turtle
    With the demise of AS Dynamics (sadly )
    Edif is both easier and more useful. Honestly.

Still wondering about some things i asked in the PM, mainly just wanted to see a .as that matched the .json so i could see how AS3 is used correctly then.

I am guessing all of that and more will be explained in the tutorials though so it's good to know they are planned. Thanks Jamie

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast