The build #253 is available.
This patch program updates TGF2 as well as the SWF exporter and the Unicode version if they are installed. This version now contains the features of the HWA version, the HWA version has been deprecated and is automatically removed by this patch.
EDIT: in case of any unexpected issue in this build, you can reinstall a previous version :
- build 251 (after re-installing the build 251 you will have to re-install the SWF exporter and the Unicode version).
Fixes and new features in the SWF runtime
- Flash : new Windows Control object for compatibility with other runtimes (only expressions that return the size of the screen are enabled).
- Flash : Flash player object, new expression Get System Language.
- Flash / Layer object : set x/y position by index or name worked in the wrong direction (new in build 252 beta 2).
- Flash : it was not working anymore when you run TGF2 with Wine. To allow it to run, just put a "wine.ini" file in the TGF2 directory. TGF2 will detect it and will build SWF files with a specific build routine.
- Flash : Layer object, set layer XY, set layer XY by name had a reverse effect.
- Flash : Sub-Application "Pause" and "Resume" didn't work.
- Flash : Edit box object : Text modified flag used to be reset after a condition "Is modified".
- Flash : Edit box object : this object now supports Embedded fonts.
- Flash : Edit box object : Set background color had strange effects, like changing the case of the text.
- Flash : keyboard buffer is no longer cleared between frames.
- Flash : platform movement on certain games, refused to jump while moving to left or right.
- Flash / Combo Box object : the first item of a combo box was not displayed in the edit zone
- Flash / Hiscore object : "Hide on start" properties have an effect now.
- Flash / Flash Player object : new "Mouse is within window" and "Application has focus" conditions.
- Flash / Flash Player object: Open URL is not blocked anymore by the popup blocker of the browser
- Flash / Flash player object, new expression Get System Language.
- Flash / FLV object : FrameRate expression has been renamed to VideoFrameRate (conflict with Frame Rate expression of the Storyboard object).
- Flash : joystick buttons not working when an object has a Mouse movement.
- Flash : the collision mask of small rotated zoomed objects was incorrect.
- Flash : Sub applications moved erratically during scrollings.
- Flash : Array object, compare to string with an empty value always returned true.
- Flash : crash when destroying certain types of objects.
Fixes and new features in the Java runtimes
- Java : crash when destroying certain types of objects.
- Java Mobile : new Windows Control object for compatibility with other runtimes (only expressions that return the size of the screen are enabled).
- Java Mobile : Set Y Position now works correctly in drag & drop movement.
Fixes and new features in the Windows runtimes
- Animation object : crash when Next frame / Previous frame / Go to frame action without setting the animation file.
- INI object : new "Create INI file in Application Data directory" property. When this option is selected and you enter a filename without pathname, the file is created in an MMF Applications folder in the user's Application Data directory. refer to the documentation for more info.
- PC runtime : Compare to global string with an expression only refered to string #0.
- PC runtime : Direction of animation with Automatic rotation was not always correct (seeable with path movements).
- PC runtime : Run External Program is now able to launch apps that require admin privileges.
- PC runtime : the Load Frame Position action sometimes reported a disc error for no reason.
- PC runtime : the Drag & Drop movement was not compatible with Save Frame Position / Load Frame Position.
- PC runtime : random crash at the end of frame when several instances of the same global object have different alterable strings.
- PC runtime : problem with Pause after the application is minimized.
Fixes and new features in all the runtimes
- All runtimes : a pause in a path movement inhibited the animations until the next chunk of movement.
- All runtimes : Animations at start of frame could skip a few images
- All runtimes, InAndOut movement : animations stopped when the object was stopped
- All runtimes : Bullet, Platform, 8 directions, Race car movements, a destroy action on an object with a disappearing animation in a "out of frame" or "collision" event could crash.
- All runtimes : Circular movement, set Radius used to set the radius to zero.
- Non-PC runtimes : the collision detection with static objects was not called at every loop, causing multiple collision detections.
Fixes and new features in the editor
- HWA : this version includes the features of the HWA version (Direct3D modes, shaders, frame and layer effects, etc). The HWA version has been deprecated and is automatically removed by the installer. More info about the HWA features in the HWA section in the Help file. Note: this doesn't concern the Unicode version of TGF2, this version is still a non-HWA version.
- Property window : color problem in high contrast color modes.
- Event editor : crash in Activate/Deactivate Group dialog box if the frame contains more than 1000 groups.
- Event editor : when editing a zone in conditions like Pick Object From a Zone, the zoom coefficient of the frame editor is automatically set to 100% otherwise this causes bugs in the zone editing.
- Unicode version / SWF exporter / FLV object : the Unicode version of the objects specific to the SWF exporter was not installed by the exporter, by mistake. They are installed by this patch and the new versions of the exporter. In theory there should be no problem, but check the settings of the FLV object after loading Unicode applications that contain this object.