User Tag List

Thread: XLua convert to iOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question XLua convert to iOS?

Is this possible, to port the xLua-Extension (or the Lua-Extension) to iOS-Runtime? That was very great for my current project...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?! mh ? :-/

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XLua was released as open source which will probably help the process -

http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=65281

I was hoping someone from Clickteam would take on the project when this got released because it contains source for some things we never got to try like the Java port, Surface addon and i am also thinking the MMFI could be updated to work with HWA which would be amazing as XLua + HWA effects = very cool things.

Since coding android games is similar to Java if that got fixed i am sure there could be a port for that, i have seen Alchemy based frameworks for flash so that is possible also, i think lua for XNA would also be possible. I don't have the iOS export yet and just check the forum really so i have never tried any Xcode myself but doing a quick google for "iphone lua" it seems apple made some rules against scripting so it might not be possible on iOS however.

I use XLua for the EXE runtime all the time and in my opinion it's one of the best extensions also so i agree it would be really great to see it for other runtimes also and hopefully this will happen at some point.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please note that Apple has restrictions on interpreted languages like LUA. Applications maybe not be able to execute code that has been downloaded from the internet or the app will be rejected.
    I don't know how they enforce this and where they put the line (scripting a few things that are incorporated in a map-script might be seen more as content but I'm not sure).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to see XLua ported for the iOS runtime. Another iOS development tool, Corona, uses Lua as the scripting system. How they got around to abide to the iOS restrictions was to prevent Lua code from being dynamically executed. So they disabled stuff like eval. This way, even if an app downloads Lua code, there's absolutely no simple way of executing it (unless the end user writes a Lua interpreter within Lua itself). I think that is significant enough barrier to prevent developers from getting into trouble.