User Tag List

Thread: Active object behaviors - editing issues

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active object behaviors - editing issues

I have encountered the following issues\bugs when working on active object behaviors:

1) In the active object animation window I added new animations and gave the animations names. However when I define active object behaviors, the new animation names do not appear in the list (Animation-->Change-->Animation sequence). Only the factory defined animations are in the list.

2) When editing a behavior and trying to select a movement (Movement--->Multiple movements--->Select movement), I don't get the 'Movement selection dialog', but rather 'Enter Expression to Calculate' dialog.

Could those issues be addressed soon?
    Thanks, Yos

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can't retrieve user-made animations from the list, you need to use them by their ID. Same with the expression that comes up when you use the action "Select movement". As far as I know, it's intentional, not a bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the 'main' event editor there is no problem doing it, and user animations for the same active object appear on then lists, as well as all the active object movements.
    Can't see why it does not behave the same within the event editor of the object behavior. Seems odd, and is likely to be a bug IMO.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the object with the behavior and the object you are trying to change the animation/movement in are different, then it is certainly not a bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to use the animation number index to reference animations that aren't built in. For instance, the first custom animation would be animation 12. You'll need to "use calculation" to pick the animation and to make sure you always get 12 no matter what animation was currently playing use current animation value - current animation value + 12. And so on. To make it easier to track might just want to plug that into an alt value then just reference that in the calculations instead of doing it every single time.

That's one of my biggest complaints about behaviors is not recognizing custom animation names and alt value names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I now will follow your advice.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using alt values to store the animation number also gives you the benefit of naming the alt value so you can actually use a name for the animation. But, it requires you to set up your events like Always set Alt val = current animation value - current animation value + 12 (or whatever number your custom animation is going to be). It really shouldn't interfere with performance though so I don't mind doing that.

To clarify, if you're using the alt values of the same object you're coding behavior for, it will use that alt value name. If you're using alt values of an imported object in that behavior, it won't reference the alt val name and just give you the generic Alt Value A, etc. So for imported objects at least, you won't get the benefit of having named alt value animations, but using Alt Val A instead of typing in the equation in your events every time is still easier. Just make sure you keep track of what Alt values correspond to which animations. If you're really worried about possible performance issues then just don't use always and use calculation every time in your events. Except for maybe issues with an exporter runtime though, I can't see that affecting anything. And even then I don't know if you'd actually run into problems with exporters either. Maybe if you had a ton of always events but I really doubt it's going to hurt anything.