User Tag List

Thread: Invaluable tool for all Box2D users!, one problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Invaluable tool for all Box2D users!, one problem.

I recently came across a program that makes mapping out more complex shapes then circles and rectangles for box2d a breeze. I could explain how it works or why it is so increadible useful for any box2d user, but I think this 1 min video makes it crystal clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZT1lrxVut4

There is a free trial on their site, and the full program is very cheap ($19) http://www.codeandweb.com/physicseditor

The problem though now is how to get this into Mmf. The program exports the shape code to many different languages, in my list that includes:

AndEngine Exporter (XML)
    Box2D ActionScript (Flash)
    Box2D generic (PLIST)
    Box2D generic (XML) - BETA
    CitrusEngine ActionScript (Flash)
    Corona
    Chipmunk generic (PLIST) - BETA
    Gideros
    Lime + Corona (Lua)
    Lime + Corona (JSON)
    Nape (AS3)
    Nape (Haxe)
    Plain Text (demo exporter)
    QuickBox2D ActionScript (Flash)
    Rapanui

Is there any of these languages that would work seamlessly with Mmf? If not, what is the most close, and maybe there is some trick to be able to use this?
    Even better, there is a tutorial on the site for writing custom exporters. Would it be possible to write a Mmf exporter? http://www.codeandweb.com/blog/2012/...ditor_exporter

Of course it would be important that this method works both with the regular and the Flash version of the Box2D extension (I don't know if the current lack of string implementation in the Flash Box2D extension in Mmf is related to this, Looki would know more about this)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, that is an awesome find! I can't find words to describe how useful it would be for Box2D users at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to make an exporter for MMf2 but I know there are people here that would. Whether they would want to or not is another kettle of fish.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outcast, nice find..!! I wouldn't know how this could be used in MMF though. If there is someone on here that can figure out how this can be used in MMF, I would buy it! It would save a lot of time making shapes for Box2d.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it can export to plain text then maybe you could load that text into a string and then create your Box2D polygon in MMF from the string coordinates using "Load body data from string"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Okay, I bought the program (might use it for my next project!) and wrote a basic MMF2 CSV List exporter.

http://www.rhysd.com/CSVExporter.zip

Put this "MMF" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\PhysicsEditor\bin\exporters (or wherever you installed PhysicsEditor to.) It should appear in the drop-down list for exporters. REMEMBER to set the anchor point to 0,0 before exporting.

Still actually need to test it works in MMF, but in theory it should! >_>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post
    Edit: Okay, I bought the program (might use it for my next project!) and wrote a basic MMF2 CSV List exporter.

Put this "MMF" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\PhysicsEditor\bin\exporters (or wherever you installed PhysicsEditor to.) It should appear in the drop-down list for exporters. REMEMBER to set the anchor point to 0,0 before exporting.

Can you test and let us know please. Let us know how it works and if the objects are functioning correctly in MMF. If so I'm going to purchase the program!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if it was the CSV strings that was not supported in flash

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysD View Post

Did you have any chance to test it out RhysD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I have been busy with work! I will test it out later tonight if I get the chance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just booted up PhysicsEditor again and to my surprise there was a MMF CSV exporter in the list! The only problem is that I cant get it to work. I have never really created shapes from CSV strings so I am not even sure I am doing it right. I have tried to just replace the csv strings in the box2d testbed but I get a long error. Any ideas?
    Images attachées Images attachées