User Tag List

Thread: Request from FGL

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Request from FGL

I assume most here know about FGL, but for you who don't it is an internet page where you can sell licences for your Flash games to portals (such as Newgrounds and Kongregate). www.fgl.com
    It is a very nice and smooth way to get your games out and get some money for it to. Including my current game, I have earned about $5000 through their system.

I have discussed quite a bit with the staff on FGL, and the fact that I and some other users on FGL don't use raw actionscript but programs like MultiMedia Fusion to make games. Their tracking api have already been ported to MMF. But now they are expanding into mobile. It is still quite early, but the thought is that their site will be a good place to sell licences to publishers for mobile games besides for flash. The thing is that they use some sort of api for their mobile part to. I don't know so much details about it yet though. https://www.fgl.com/mobile-platform/

I emailed their "tech guy" about this and got the response bellow. I have no coding skills personally, even though I have heard this api is not complex at all. But if someone does, or even better, someone from clickteam staff reads this I think it would be great if you could talk to him about this.

"Are you able to generate custom intents easily within this tool?

If you can call this

sendBroadcast(new Intent("com.fgl.INVOKE").putExtra("command", "showAd"))

And then build an Android APK. We can then test it.

My email is adam@fgl.com

Cheers!"

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This shouldn't be too hard -- Can you add it to the feature request in the bug box?
    I will mention it to Fernando about looking into it also.

I wonder if you can call that using the intent in the Android object already without any work needed?
    That's something to try now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this response from FGl adam "Do you need an extension to broadcast an intent? �It's a pretty basic Android function." So I guess that is the call thing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $5000? Holy crap I think I've made $100 total from my stuff since 2005!
    "I BEE-LIEVE I'm in need of a new manager hahaha."

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FGL mobile platform does seem quite promising and based on my limited understanding of the API, integration to MMF2 shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully the flash exporter gets support for this!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm really impressed by 5000 tell me more!!! lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard it is a very simple api.

About my earnings, they are not really that impressive, you just have to upload a game on FGL and have sponsors bid on it. Of course the majority of games may not even get a sponsor. The quality bar is ever rising. On the other hand some games get totally crazy amounts. I heard this game Kamikaze Pigs got sold for $35.000! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52sdpivJBA
    Its a nice game, but still, that to me makes the factor of "luck" also very important

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Outcast. When you say "Their tracking api have already been ported to MMF." What do you mean by this? Is there an extension to use FLG in MMF2? If so, where?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BrashMonkey: Their tracking api shoud be ported, i have used it before. It is to be able to track stats on people who play the game on their site. It has nothing to do with the ads though.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how would the intent below be translated into a Fusion event? The only thing I know is that we would have to use the Android object, doh!
    Code:
    sendBroadcast(new Intent("com.fgl.INVOKE").putExtra("command", "showAd"))
    EDIT: Answering my own question. I guess that the events below should do the trick (not tested in a real app).
    Code:
    • Start of Frame
    - (Android Object) : Intent (outgoing): Add extra string "command" = "showAd"
    - (Android Object) : Intent (outgoing): Start intent "com.fgl.INVOKE" with URI ""