There are a few ways to create a Windows App Store App, for x64,x86 and ARM.
There are a few things that you need in order to be successfully.
1a. MS VS 2013 Express. (The US Version = 4.3 gb. There is a 700 Mb version on the MS site, but that one is missing the Java App section)
This comes with the whole package, including for Windows Phone and Phone Testing App.
1b. The Windows App Certification Kit is needed for testing your application. (You can test html5 and EXE/Setup files with it)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../hh694081.aspx for detailed information.
http://dev.windows.com/en-us/develop...tification-kit (The download page)
Once you installed all of this, then lets start with the fun part
In MF 2.5 Export your project as HTML5
Make SURE that the Output is set to UTF-8
2. Go to the folder, where you exported your HTML5 project in Fusion.
3. Highlight the folders and file, and Drag them ONTO the project name (JS -...... ) The one that is highlighted on the right side.
The files and folders are now copied into the project.
4. Now bring up the PACKAGE.APPXMANIFEST file
And fill out the basic information.
- Display name
CHANGE the Start page, to the newly copied html page (index.html)
5. Since the HTML5 Exporter does not export to UTF-8 with signature, we have to manually save 2 files again
For both you need open the file, and then select File--->Save As
Then on the Save screen, click on the dropdown box to change the Save type
Make SURE it says UTF-8 With Signature!
6. Under the Packaging Tab you can fill out the Version number, and other info.
7. There is a Visual Tab, which we are skipping for now.
8. Now we are going to create the package.
Go to STORE and select Create App Package
9. Select No since we Don't want to upload yet.
If you select Yes, you need to have a Windows Dev Account for uploading apps to the Windows Store.
10. The next step is to select for what Platform you want the App for
Just select all of them, and make SURE that you select "RELEASE" and not the "DEBUG" version
11. Select Local Machine for testing
And select "Launch Windows App Cert. Kit"
12. Once The Kit App launches, leave everything default and hit Next
13. Oh oohhh.... The Test failed.
The reason why it failed is this
Windows have some default icons, which are blank, so they need to be replaced.
(This is Step 7, which we skipped for now, since there are a LOT of images you can do)
14. I only changed the default images, which have a filename in the folder box, right above the images.
So replace the 4 images, with the new ones, and make sure the Sizes are correct.
(I will be developing a small tool, that creates all the different sizes of images later on)
15. Repeat Step 8 - 12 and this will be the result.
You just made your 1st Windows 8.x App for the Tablet and/or Phone.
Now you can upload it to the Store, and make big $$$.
Please contact me for my Paypal, so I can get a percentage
Good luck with it, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me, or drop a message here.