User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there any analytics extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is there any analytics extension?

This is kind of important, but I could not find any real info about it. Is there any extension for analytics? Especially for iOS and Android?

I want to add some kind of share feature to my app, but I have no idea how to track how many times people are actually sharing something to see if it is effective or not.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for analytics extension

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for it !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make an analytics system yourself if you have a webserver and know a bit of SQL. Use the GET object to send data to the server whenever the user does something that should be tracked.
    Note: If you do this it is very important that you inform the user that you're collecting userdata.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using google analytics for my app and its working great.
    Since there's not any extension (that i know of) for google analytics, i'm using the GET object to send RAW data to the google analytics servers.
    I think that chartboost "track event" action is useful for analytics as well but i never used it so i'm not really sure about that.

I will post my anaytics code in a few minutes to see how i did it... be right back

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... i assume that you already have a analytics property set up to track your application... it will look like UA-########-#
    You will need this property ID to assign the raw data to the application you want.

Now in Fusion frame editor insert a "GET Object" and "Android Object" then go to the event editor
    On the event editor create an event (for example, a "Start of Frame", or whenever you need to send data to google analytics). Be careful not the use an event that is run on every frame cicle.
    On the event you created, put this on your GET object:
    * Start of Frame
    - Add POST data "v" = "1"
    - Add POST data "tid" = "UA-########-#" (this is your property)
    - Add POST data "cid" = DeviceID$("Android Object") (this is a unique identifier so you can track more than 1 device at the same time)
    - Add POST data "t" = "screenview"
    - Add POST data "an" = "Your application name"
    - Add POST data "aid" = PackageName$("Android Object") (your application package name, you can use the android object to retrieve that value, or insert it manually... something like "com.yourdomain.yourapp")
    - Add POST data "av" = AppVersion$("Android Object") (The version of your application, again.. it can be inserted manually or using the android object)
    - Add POST data "cd" = "Name of the screen... it can be anything you need"
    - Get URL "http://www.google-analytics.com/collect" (this will send the request to analytics server)

Some of these parameters are mandatory, some are optional. These are the ones that I use but you can check all parameters on this page and also see what they are used for:
    https://developers.google.com/analyt.../v1/parameters

I think that this method works on PC, but you must replace the values that use the Android Object. Never tested on iOS but probably will also work.

Hope you can make it work on your apps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A video tutorial on how to implement this would be great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to do it tomorrow.
    Do you already have a google analytics account?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great, thank you! Yes !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here it is... as promised.
    A video example to show you my way of using google analytics with a android application.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cnlt508c2...QAOzyMNWa?dl=0

01 - Create Analytics Account.avi
    In this video i created a analytics account with a property to track. It's not very detailed but i'm sure there are lots of tutorials on how to create analytics properties.

02 - Create fusion application and send data to analytics.avi
    In this video i create a new android app and insert a "GET" object, a "Android" Object and 2 simple buttons to test the events.
    Like i said before, there are some parameters that are required and some that are not... i used those parameters because they met my needs, but you can check the list of all parameters to see if there's more information that you want or even if there's some that you can remove.

03 - Test the realtime analytics.avi
    Finally i show you that the analytics are working just fine after compiling the application and installing it on my android device.
    I went to the realtime reports to track if i click on the first or second button.

If you still have any questions just ask. I'll try to answer them the best i can

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast