User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OpenGL 3.0 on version 284.4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpenGL 3.0 on version 284.4

Noticed that 284.4 has OpenGL 3.0 support. However, it's not yet covered in the help file.

OpenGL 2.0 was generally not recommended because it'll make apps run slower. What can we expect from 3.0?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good question!

Fernando, can you clarify it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience was actually that OpenGL 2.0 made apps faster, if only when there were a bazillion objects, as long as the device wasn't absolutely terrible. It may be that some change broke that at some point, or that it may just be that I have the only tablet in existence where that's the case or something like that, but that's still my experience with it. I'm going to guess that OpenGL 3.0 is going to make it even faster. The best way of determining if it's better without waiting may be to try to create a test app of sorts that creates a moving object every second or so and displays the framerate.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that OpenGL 3.0 is more fast. I'm using it in my game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also noticing it.. especially in action packed games. So far I'm not seeing any downsides!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The downside is that it limits the number of devices your application will be compatible with. Which is not a problem if you target only recent devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OpenGL ES 1.1
    Android 1.6

OpenGL ES 2.0
    The Android platform since Android 2.0 through NDK and Android 2.2 through Java

OpenGL ES 3.0
    Android since version 4.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this link:

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...cs/opengl.html

Yeah, maybe isn't a good time to move to 3.0 yet...

EDIT: I really dont understand why on fusion help, it says that OpenGL2.0 it's slower than 1.1.

If you follow my link above, on the bottom of the page, is explained that 2.0 it's faster than 1.1.

Maybe Yves or Fernando can clarify this?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 2.0 was slower with the exporter in the past but I think Fernando has been recommending 2.0 over 1.1 for quite a while now. Maybe because of updated libraries or some such wizardry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The downside is that it limits the number of devices your application will be compatible with. Which is not a problem if you target only recent devices.
    You weren't kidding.. When I was about to update my game with OpenGL 3.0, the number of compatible devices went from over 7000 to only a little over a 1000. Better not use it until it's somewhat more mainstream.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast