User Tag List

Thread: Smooth Pixel Scale 2×SaI, Hq2x, Hq3x, Super Eagle etc.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smooth Pixel Scale 2×SaI, Hq2x, Hq3x, Super Eagle etc.

Hey guys, it's time for Fusion to support these scaling algorithms! don't you agree?! I know this has popped up a few times before in click-history, but maybe they were pre-hardware acceleration and pre-pixel-shaders era.

So what would it take to implement these free/opensource scaling algorithms? does anyone want to chip in to help pay for the development of Fusion implementation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_...ing_algorithms

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between HQ4x and 4xBRZ, 4xBRZ scaling seems to do the best job of keeping anti-aliasing in mind. Actually, it seems to do the best job of keeping ANYTHING in mind compared to HQ4x, based on those images... So that's the one I personally would probably want, if it was to be a choice.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget it - can't be done in a shader.
    Clickteam would need to add support for more modern shader models before this becomes possible (along with a great many infinitely nicer effects).
    Proper support for DirectX 10 (PS 4.0) would be a huge upgrade over DirectX 9.0b (PS 2.0a), as you can see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Le...ading_Language

Bear in mind that the limiting factor in the complexity of a shader is nearly always "instruction slots" or "executed instructions".

For now, you'll have to make do with Scale2x and Scale4x ( http://www.scale2x.it/snapshot1 ), which have been implemented in shader form already.
    For what it's worth, the original version looks a lot better than either of those upscaling algorithms anyway.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that's not great, but not all terrible news.. I'm sure Fusion 3.0 will have decent pixel shader support.

Do you mean someone has made shaders of Scale2x and Scale4x for Fusion already? Do you happen to know where I can download them? cheers!

Edit: I found it - http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82098-MMF2-Upscaling-Solution-%28Scale2x-Scale4x%29-Release-Thread?highlight=Scale2x

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and the other thing I forgot, was that we'd need support for multipass shaders... (vertex shaders would be nice too, though they wouldn't help here)