User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tile and Sprite Creator

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tile and Sprite Creator

I have enjoyed creating games and apps with knp/clickteam for years and years, but one of my only frustrations with it is drawing the game art. The inbuilt editor misses many features to allow it to do anything more than tweaks. That is why I created onsprite.com.
    This is a free online tile and sprite creator (which can be found here: http://onsprite.com/tile-creator.php )

It features:
    Resizable Brush Tool and Eraser
    Eyedropper and Paint Bucket
    Resizable Line tool and Shade Brush
    Layers and transparency
    See the tiled and scaled image as you draw
    Auto Shade and Tint as you draw
    Save and Load image projects to and from any computer
    Export your images at a click of a button
    Use the images for whatever you want including commercial uses!

Let me know what you think!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the built-in image editor is not very good (which is fine, although I do wish Clickteam would make it easier to work with graphics created using other tools).
    As a programming exercise, your editor looks pretty good - there's noticeable lag, but for the most part, what it does, it seems to do quite well
    The big problem with something like this is always going to be that there are so many other great free graphics editors out there (eg. http://www.aseprite.org ), and realistically you're not going to compete.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I really wanted to create an online platform, rather than requiring a download. The features in this one are not in others (like live tile view on the right, live mirroring, auto shade/tint).
    This is a hobby, so I don't see it as competing necessarily. I created it because I will use it and if others want to they can feel free to.
    Btw, the application is designed to work with Chrome, where the lagging is non-existent on my test devices. Firefox and other browsers work, but do have some lag.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, although personally, I hate online tools, so for me, that actually counts against it - a portable application (ie. you download it but don't have to install it) is much better, particularly in terms performance (yes, even in Chrome).

GIMP can do the live mirroring etc, and obviously a lot more besides:
    https://www.gimp.org/news/2016/07/13...metry-painting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPY0sTiVPk

The shade/tint tools (which could be more accurately described as "noise" tools) would definitely be frowned upon by pixel artists too - if you look at the shade tool in Asesprite, it's a lot better, because it doesn't introduce any new colors into the image, and pixel artists generally like to use a restricted palette, and choose their colors very carefully (for any other form of art, the application would be far too basic).

Personally, I think the key to making a really good pixel art tool would be a set of basic tools for drawing (brush/line/fill) and selecting (box/wand, with replace/add/subtract selection), plus powerful color selection and palette editing tools, and a streamlined interface - those last two points being where most existing graphics apps fall down. You really don't need any other extra features.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great points. My experience with GIMP, although I like it, is that it has a large learning curve and does not focus on pixel art/sprites.
    You sound like you have a lot of experience creating pixel artwork so maybe this tool is aimed at more beginner-type people like myself.
    The online-ness of it doesn't bother me, so long as I can export/import the image file onto/from my computer, which this allows me to do.
    Totally agree with palette options. OnSprite doesn't generate 'new colours', only shades/tints, and it does keep the original colour data in each pixel. I was wondering whether to call it noise within the application, but didn't have room on the UI. The tool is great for placeholder artwork as well as background textures. I'm hoping to make features to improve this, such as automatically anti-aliasing.
    My 'next steps' for the application is to introduce selection tools.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice tool, I'd potentially make use of it! ASESprite GUI / general use has a bit of a learning curve.. I can't be bothered with it! Your tool could be a great solution for a quick 16x16 pixel seamless tile.

Things to make it better:
    -- Right click integration (right click colour picker or right click erase)
    -- Hot keys to select tools eg. B=Brush E=Eraser + keyboard shortcuts like crtl+z to undo
    -- Simple zoom in and out of the main canvas with the mouse wheel or shortcut keys
    -- Colour Swatches / Custom Palettes to easily save and retrieve the colours you're working with.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great, im gonna waste some time with this at work.

Only thing i see right away is that right click would be great to select color.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool tool,this is probably a dumb question,but is it made in fusion?Also how easy or difficult was it to make it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour il y a qu elle temps PATRICE a réalisé ce petit programme de SeamlessMe

le lien pour le telecharge SeamlessMe

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tool.. i guess. why are you writing in french when everyone is english lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast