Well considering everyone is uploading their WIP on here I thought, what the heck I'll follow the same boat. Ourobos Legacy is somewhat a sequel or upgraded version of my LDjam34 game, Ourobos which you can play right 'ere!
It's basically a Metroidvania type game in the style of something you would see on the Game Boy Color. I'm taking a little bit of liberty with some aspects, like background scrolling and sprite limits but for the most part it should feel rather authentic.
- 7 Weapons each with a "charged" version of attack.
- 20+ Different Enemies to destroy and explode
- 8 Power Up Enhancements, from jetpacks to dash boots.
- 7 Huge Bosses to Fight and Destroy
- 8 Huge Zones to explore and get lost in
- Many secret areas to uncover.
- Retro Styled Soundtrack and Modernized Soundtrack
- Option to change between Enhanced Graphics to Classic GBC style.
- Choose between the classic GB 4:3 screen size or modern 16:9 style.
At the moment the story is still under development however it will be somewhat of a continuation of the bare
LDjam story. Something to with space, aliens, viruses, you know the general guff.
- Movement Engine: 100% COMPLETED
- Power Ups/Collectables: 100% COMPLETED
- Weapons: 100% COMPLETED
- Environments/Hazards: 100% COMPLETED
- Enemies: 100% COMPLETED
- Bosses: 15% Complete
- Menus/Maps: 100% COMPLETED
- Save System: 100% COMPLETED
- Zone 1: 35% Completed
- Zone 2: 100% Completed
- Zone 3: 15% Completed
- Zone 4: 0% Completed
- Zone 5: 0% Completed
- Zone 6: 0% Completed
- Zone 8: 0% Completed
Ourobos started off as my entry for LDjam34 where it placed 13th overall. After the jam was finished, I had to much fun making a mini metroid game I wanted to expand it and make it into something much more fleshed out. I started work on it straight away however other project and work got in the way and the basic engine was sitting on my pendrive for a few months, untouched.
Some random screengrabs of the LDjam game.
I had this on the backbench for a while, (actually since Ldjam34 ended,) but I thought it was about time to dig it out and carry working on it. Actually a lot has changed from first version back in December, mostly a better pause screens, with detailed maps and a bestiary. (Also colour palette editing and tightening up on movement stuff.)
Anyway I hope you like what you see, I'll try and post frequently with updates. I sort of want to keep this diary, not only to show the game off to people but also to see how I progress and develop this game. (I like looking back on stuff! >.<)