User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Coming Soon!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Firefly - 3d in Fusion, Coming Soon!

Clickteam Fusion brings 3d game development to everyone with "Firefly"!

This brand new set of objects will power your Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Standard or Developer with the ability to leverage the event editor to build your own 3d games and apps. Now you can build First Person Shooters, Third Person Adventures, 3d Puzzle Games and more. Simply drop the objects in to your frame editor and start developing using the same Properties, Actions, Conditions and Expressions methods you use for 2d projects in Fusion.

Firefly comes complete with documentation and examples. Start with the Chocobreak 3d tutorial to bridge your eventing knowledge from 2d to 3d. Then move on the FPS tutorial to get dig deeper in to the powerful set of functions the Firefly objects provide.

COMING SOON!

Teaser #1

Teaser #2

Teaser #3

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -what happens when fusion 3 comes out? Will firefly be ported?

- Is firefly based on any open source engine (such as babylon or three.js) ?

- what target platforms does firefly support? Can I compile to webgl, android, etc?

- Does firefly support armature skin mesh animation?

- What materials work with it?

- which of the current existing fusion objects compliment and are compatible with it?

- how do you edit 3d scenes? Does it allow you to edit scenes in fusion, or do you need to do it in an external package such as blender3d?

- how do you set 3d object properties? In editor, during runtime or both?

- what file format does it use for import animated meshes? Can I use blender to get a working animated armature in firefly?

btw, construct2 has 2 similar plugins:
    https://www.scirra.com/forum/q3d-v-2...update_t106677
    https://www.scirra.com/store/constru...r-edition-2992

both with a single huge disadvantage - the editor does not support 3d scenes!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - what happens when fusion 3 comes out? Will firefly be ported?
    depends if people like it and whether its worth devoting Clickteam dev time to it.

- Is firefly based on any open source engine (such as babylon or three.js) ?
    I don't have the authority to release that information yet. - will update this when i do.

- what target platforms does firefly support? Can I compile to webgl, android, etc?
    Windows only to start, will possibly port to iOS and android at a later date depending on how well people like it

- Does firefly support armature skin mesh animation?
    Depends how you export it.

- What materials work with it?
    most standard ones, will look into PBS type materials later down the road.

- which of the current existing fusion objects compliment and are compatible with it?
    all of them ? not sure i understand the question.

- how do you edit 3d scenes? Does it allow you to edit scenes in fusion, or do you need to do it in an external package such as blender3d?
    using the frame editor like all the other fusion objects, we also started a WYSIWYG type editor which will be expanded upon.

- how do you set 3d object properties? In editor, during runtime or both?
    Both of course.

- what file format does it use for import animated meshes? Can I use blender to get a working animated armature in firefly?
    Current supported rigging modes are :

.B3D files (skeleton mode)
    .MD2 and .MD3 (morph mode)
    .MS3D (skeleton mode)
    .X files (binary & text) (skeleton mode)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it support simple meshes in other formats, or was that only a list of skeletal mesh formats Firefly supports? Also, the .x extension was deprecated in 2014 (according to wikipedia). Is there a reason to support it and not fbx? I must be honest, even though I haven't done much modelling in the last 5 years, I was always a Maya user. Are there any formats that mainstream packages like Maya, Max or Modo export to that Fusion will support?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post

using the frame editor like all the other fusion objects, we also started a WYSIWYG type editor which will be expanded upon.
    This is great because making editors in fusion is a time consuming process and having something like that for us would be good. I tried making an editor for P3D but gave up on it because the engine kept malfunctioning with duplication so it make making an editor rather annoying. I notice you've got a few editors in there already like the particle editor which I think looks great. I'll be interested to see what other editors are in this.

I'd also like to vouch for FBX support as sometimes things break and you might need to try a different exporter. It varies from program to program. Blender I've found rather hopeless at exporting sometimes. Maya tends to be better at it but occasionally gets the export wrong sometimes as well, I've had rigs explode on import- but that was because I was using a bad Maya year version *cringes* 2012... never again. lol lets hope Autodesk doesn't mess it up again. I mean I can always move it to Blender, but Blenders import isn't what I'd call reliable either.

I'm feeling good about this. I've wanted proper polygon based 3D KnP since the early 90s and we're finally getting it. So I'm super excited.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this is AMAZING!!! I'll buy it as soon as it coming out!
    A couple questions:
    - Will it support Dynamic shadows? Dynamic lights?
    - An approximate release date?
    Thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Omg!!!!!

twu43y.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - What type of shaders are supported? glsl? directX?
    - Can the engine support lightmapping?
    - Realtime shadows? ,softshadow ?
    - Are normal mapping supported?
    - Reflection? cubemapped? or realtime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the engine look like based on Ogre or Irrlicht...right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    looks great, and pretty performant too

and i guess one can make its own procedurally generated world on the fly,
    is generating/removing 3d objects in runtime possible / resources friendly?
    (say moderately big landscape chunks)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast