Printer Object upgrade.

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hi Folks.

I've been a fan of the MMF Printer Object for years, I think it's great that MMF allows me to give the user of a piece of my software, a hardcopy of what's on screen. But I've also been vocal on these forums about how much this object badly needs some updating. Since this is the Development Requests forum, I'm going to post about my wish list for an updated Printer Object in MMF.

1. I'd like to be able to set the page orientation via the Event Editor. Right now I have to direct the user to change it manually using Printer Setup. If I could set that at runtime using the Event Editor it would be great and really this is a big feature I want to see added.

2. I'd like to be able to print a file without opening it. I don't want to be limited to printing screenshots. I want to select a file, be it a text file, a Word document, or a graphic, and tell it to print and Bingo, I get a printed copy of that file.

3. When I do have a file or something big on screen and it's bigger then the screen area, I would like to be able to print the entire thing. So, for example, if I had a Multiline Edit Box full of text which scrolled, I'd like to be able to print all the text and not just the part displayed on screen.

4. Not sure if this feature can be achieved or not but if possible I'd like to be able to specify when I just want a black & white printout and not colour. This is not a high priority requested feature but is one I would welcome having if possible.

This is not a paid request I am making, just an update request in general.

KnightTrek Productions
    Please login to see this link.

• I agree, the printer object can do with a make over. I'm aware another object called Print Control provides event editor options for points #1 (page orientation) and #4 (colour/monochrome). I hardly use print features to test how well they play together, I think I found that object with ExtensionView.

Please login to see this link. - The encyclopaedia written by clickers, for the community.
    Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!