[$10] Platform Engine with [_]

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • very good start !
    seem that the direction of the player movement doesn't work (go to left, player has the right direction)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Please login to see this link.

Edited 2 times, last by arthurh (August 9, 2016 at 8:25 AM).

• Thanks guys! Yes, its not finished. Im not aware of any bugs, but it maybe that this directional thing marely is todo with an unfinished directional setting.
    The way the engine works is it draws a binary map of its surroundings using. By that alone it works. Then everything else is for animation. I have basicaly, purposely, seperated the animation layer from the logic layer. So you can do anything with animations without necessarely effecting the engine. Even the camera is decoupled. Henceforth you can do anything from camera shake or story-mode scrolling/movies without issues.

The positive comments certainly encourige me to put more time into this. Glad you liked it so far! :)

-edit-
    p.s. theres some tricks in this engine. press
    1-5 for different modes (altough im not sure i had implemented these already?)
    1) walk
    2) swim
    3) bike
    4) chopper
    5) i dunno

what i just tested is PageUp and PageDown these alter the point of gravity.
    And theres - and = which should set a directional wind-force pushing your player (e.g. to simulate storms)
    Also theres variable jump height, as well as static (should it be desired variable can be turned off) and the height even increases when you take a leap (sprint) so when sprinting it gets you 1 extra block of height.

Using 360 technique go left fast, jump go right within the space of 1 or 2 blocks allows for crazy tactical jumps.
    I do am aware than unless demo'd this may seem a bit far-fetched to the casual gamers. But its a nice gimmick i think as it opens up extra rewards or secret places for the skill-full player.

In the same way, when you sprint, you slide. You can slide under 1 block openings, where you normaly cannot go.
    This particular feature was inspired by a bug in the original sega alex kidd miracle world glitch.

Edited once, last by Patrick (August 9, 2016 at 9:35 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!