Excellent Game Idea need Developers

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hello to everyone.

I have an idea for a game, but without giving much of it away I have a game that I believe could reach it's potential in not only making money, but could be a huge hit. I can tell you that I know a lot of people that WOULD purchase and play this game if done right. I am not sure who I would talk to and if I need to get my idea copyrighted first. I can only tell you that this game idea of mine is a simulation based game. I have searched and searched and looked everywhere to see if this idea was made and it would be the first of it's existence. If anyone is interested please let me know what is the first thing I need to do. I feel as though I need to get this protected so that no one can steal my idea. Any help would be appreciated. If you know developers that would/could be interested in taking on this job Let me know. Also I am not sure if MMF is the right software for this kind of job? I know you need to know what my game idea is before considering, but where do I get it copyrighted or whatever I need to do to securely have this in my name? Sorry if I sound ignorant about this whole deal.

Thanks,
    Doug

• Copyright laws are different depending on the country. In Australia, copyright is free and automatic upon creation of the work. Trademark is something different, like if you thought of a name for your game or characters that you wanted to protect. The game and concept itself would be protected by copyright. To protect yourself from others stealing your ideas during the creation of the work, you could have a legal document created for them to sign, but I think that if you already had evidence that the game is your idea, then this would just be additional protection.

• you cannot copyright an "IDEA"
    idea is something a bit general and cannot be copyrighted, coz someone can think of the same stuff like an idea to cure cancer with X, a jumping game with platforms while saving a princess,
    a space battle with aliens,... or an fps game with soldiers to battle terrorist in a multiplayer battle that have online and offline modes that players can equip many cool guns and have some customization with everything and have cool maps in the desert or river or have ship and air battles --- those sample ideas cannot have copyright there just common ideas that many people in the world already thought of, and others will have those ideas too... even mashing up genre like multiplayer fps rpg survival horror in voxel style with crafting (minecraft - microsoft bought the name and the rights/company, they cannot sue others who'll make the same gameplay, unless others use duplication).... or even creating rock music with pop music, pop rock... you get the point.

but you can copyright a story, article, methods and procedure (better patent it), video, art/music compositions and the likes. The one you use your derivative talent can receive copyright claims.
    Trademark would be the way to go if you are serious with the business.

You can have some intellectual property rights for those ideas nontheless, but don't expect much, and yes IPR depends on the country but we have international protective laws as well.

• Sounds to me like you're putting the cart before the horse. You're already worrying about protecting the fortune your amazeballs game will make you, yet you don't even have a started game yet, or the skills to make it, or even know someone who has the skills to make it.

It's good that you're dreaming big. But unless you want that dream to remain a dream forever, you'll need to put in a lot of hard work. I'd suggest starting on the game yourself - that's what Fusion's for - it's easy enough for anyone to use.

Having said that, what you're really asking for is an NDA - a Non-Disclosure Agreement. If you find a developer who's willing to give you a shot, just get them to sign an NDA before you tell them your idea - that means that any information you discuss must be kept confidential (ie. they aren't allowed to blab about your idea to anyone). You can get a free and legally binding NDA here: Please login to see this link.

Please login to see this link.
    My Fusion Tools: Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link. | Please login to see this link.

Edited 2 times, last by Volnaiskra (July 26, 2016 at 1:13 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!