Posts by salamanderpants

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.

Unfortunately he seems to have PM disabled, so I have no way of getting in touch with him. I haven't seen his engine; the pages I saw about it didn't seem to contain a link to it.. so I have no idea whether it is accurate or not.

UPDATE: I have been able to achieve a Please login to see this link. without brute force (although I still have no idea how the jump in the original was coded). I still need help with a lot of other things though.

Your observation about the jump height is correct. My concern is more about the way the game decides how many pixels to move for each frame of the jump. It is not a simple value that diminishes until the jump is exhausted--it is consistently slow until it reaches its peak or you let go of the button.

I don't use the built in movements. I have coded a custom engine that pretty much matches the original, but my jump is basically hard coded, and would need to be coded for each movement (eg jumping when in vehicles). I was hoping to find out how the jump was coded so that I could use some principles to create a jump that is more flexible (eg could be reused for other movements).

Copyright laws are different depending on the country. In Australia, copyright is free and automatic upon creation of the work. Trademark is something different, like if you thought of a name for your game or characters that you wanted to protect. The game and concept itself would be protected by copyright. To protect yourself from others stealing your ideas during the creation of the work, you could have a legal document created for them to sign, but I think that if you already had evidence that the game is your idea, then this would just be additional protection.

I am planning to create an accurate, modern Please login to see this link. game engine.

I need some guidance with regards to specific aspects of the game.

The following is desirable:

*Coding experience beyond Fusion
    *Able to reverse engineer the original game
    *Familiarity with the original game
    *Fluency in English

I specifically need help with:

*Accurate physics for Alex Kidd; particularly his jump
    *Octopus tentacle movement
    *Seahorse movement
    *Janken match logic
    *How randomness works for things like spawning money

If you think you might be suitable for this job, or know someone who is, please send me a pm.

I am seeking a highly skilled MMF programmer for some freelance troubleshooting tasks for a game I am currently working on. Typically, these problems may require some hours to fix. You would be required to analyse problems in the game and fix them, including detailed explanations of how the problems were fixed so that I may learn from it. You would need to be able to provide your services with a 24-48 hr turnaround, from receiving problem code to correction and explanations. Please send a PM if you are interested and or would like more information.

To prove SevenSails and Pineapple's point, I made an example showing objects that were drawn using only colors from the palette. Getting someone to make the graphics is probably better.

Example disclaimer: I made the graphics myself, other than the palette graphic. You may use them for whatever you want. I found the palette graphic Please login to see this link.. Remember, though, that anyone can use the graphics, so using them might not be the best idea. Also, you can use the example for whatever you want, it's open-source.

Thanks for your example file. I am unable to look at it at this time; once I'm back home I'll have a look... Although the SMS has a 6 bit palette, I'm not sure if it uses those exact colours you've linked to. I believe that a better pallete can be found Please login to see this link..

Both the link to the technical specifications and the palette are provided in my first post. I still stand by what I have said, so if anyone wants to create the shader for me, name your price.

Thanks

64 colors?

Actually, the sega master system can display a maximum of 32 colors out of a palette of 64 colors.

The 32 colors are broken into 2 palettes of 16 colors. A background tile or sprite can use either of the 2 palettes.

Anyway, I also agree that an artist would probablu be better for this task.

According to Please login to see this link., the Sega Master System can display 64 simultaneous colours using programming tricks. Notwithstanding that, I just want the look and feel of a Sega Master System; it doesn't have to be 100% faithful to the real thing.

I disagree that an artist would be better for this task. I can do most of the art myself, without worrying about which colours I'm using, and then have the shader make its approximation of those colours. The shader would be particularly useful for gradient backgrounds, where I can simply plop a quickbackdrop down and have the shader do its thing, to have a nice 8 bit effect.

* Seeking freelance programmer to develop a pixel shader for MMF2 that enforces a Sega Master System palette
    * Name your price
    * Deliver ASAP

Primary Requirements:

* Optional patterned dithering (if feasible)
    * 64 simultaneous colors

Secondary Requirements:

* Minimum performance standard of 70 fps, to allow for overhead
    * Code must be well commented
    * Shader can be applied to object, layer or frame with impunity

Please PM with your price and ETA

Please login to see this link.
    Please login to see this link.

I do not believe such an extension exists, so I am looking for a programmer interested in creating or modifying an extension that will filter my graphics in real time when they are upscaled.

My game's original custom resolution is 341x192 (low res widescreen), which is upscaled to any computer's normal resolution using the ultimatefullscreen extension Please login to see this link.. All my graphics were made to suit this resolution. If I want the graphics to look crisp at higher resolutions, I instead have to pre-render all my graphics objects with a command line program called scale2x Please login to see this link., and alter the resolution of my game accordingly. There is a similar filter called HQ4X Please login to see this link..

I am willing to pay anyone who can create an extension for me which utilises either of these filtering algorithms, or their own similar algorithm to round off square pixels. The filter should have at least 4x magnification, and preferably no antialising.

Please reply if you can help!

Thanks.